- First, ssh to the host and go the plugin directory, usually /usr/lib/check_mk_agent/plugins
- Open the browser to the WATO-Configuration ==> Monitoring Agents window of your Check_mk / OMD installation.
- Right-click on the plugin you wish to upload to the host and copy the URL
- Go to the ssh window and type wget.
- Then paste the URL, which should look something like http://192.168.1.100/prod_3f/check_mk/agents/plugins/apache_status. This is for the apache_status plugin.
- Since Check_mk / OMD requires a login, edit the line to look like this http://<Username>:<password>@192.168.1.100/prod_3f/check_mk/agents/plugins/apache_status and press Enter.
- Change the permission of the plugin to be executable using chmod ugo+x apache_status
Some plugins have specific requirements, like the credentials to access the service it monitors. The apache_status plugin needs a specific configuration to be in the apache configuration file. For example, the mk_mysql agent requires the credentials to be in the /etc/check_mk/mysql.cfg file. The file should look like this (replace with the correct information)
[client] user=mysqluser password=mysqluserpassword
Meet these requirements and the agent can run and report on the service.